What to pack for a ballet exam
1. Your clean and hole free dance uniform - make sure you have a spare pair of tights, you’ve polished your ballet slippers, your bodysuit is in mint condition and you have any character or pointe items you need.
2. Hair kit – ensure your dance bag has your brush, comb, a large supply of hair pins and hairspray. TIP: Don’t wash your hair the morning of your exam. Dirty hair sticks together easier than clean hair and makes for a tidier bun.
3. Water – hydration is really important before and after your exam. Please be extra careful that water will not spill on your uniform.
4. A post-exam snack – exams are a huge output of energy, both physically and emotionally. Bringing a healthy post-exam snack, such as an apple, is a good idea. You may feel very hungry or depleted in energy afterwards.
5. A good luck charm – many dancers have something special they keep in their dance bags for good luck (not that you need luck – you are ready!).